iPhone Xs features a 5.8-inch Super Retina display with custom-built OLED panels for an HDR display that
provides the industry’s best color accuracy, true blacks, and remarkable brightness.(1) Advanced Face ID lets you securely unlock your iPhone, log in to apps and pay with just a glance. The A12 Bionic chip with next-generation Neural Engine uses real-time machine learning to transform the way you experience photos, gaming, augmented reality and more. A breakthrough 12MP dual-camera system takes your portraits to the next level with Portrait mode, Portrait Lighting, enhanced bokeh, and all-new Depth Control. Water resistance.(2) And iOS 12 — Apple’s most advanced mobile operating system — with powerful new tools that make iPhone more personal than ever.
- 5.8-inch Super Retina display (OLED) with HDR(1)
- IP68 dust and water resistant (maximum depth of 2 metres up to 30 minutes)(2)
- 12MP dual cameras with dual OIS and 7MP TrueDepth front camera — Portrait mode, Portrait Lighting, Depth Control and Smart HDR
- Face ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay(3)
- A12 Bionic with next-generation Neural Engine
- Wireless charging — works with Qi chargers(4)
- iOS 12 with Memoji, Screen Time, Siri Shortcuts and Group FaceTime(5)
- VoiceOver, Zoom, Magnifier, RTT and Textphone, Siri and Dictation, Type to Siri, Switch Control, Closed Captions, AssistiveTouch, Speak Screen
- Pay with your iPhone using Face ID in shops, within apps and on the web. Complete purchases made with Apple Pay on your Mac
- FaceTime audio, Voice over LTE (VoLTE), Wi-Fi calling
- Gold, Space Grey, Silver
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, Wireless charging (works with Qi chargers), Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Up to 20 hours talk time, up to 12 hours internet use, up to 14 hours video playback, up to 60 hours audio playback, fast charge capable (up to 50% charge in 30 minutes)
- Camera, Photos, Health, Messages, Phone, FaceTime, Mail, Music, Wallet, Safari, Maps, Siri, Calendar, iTunes Store, App Store, Notes, News, Contacts, Books, Home, Weather, Reminders, Clock, TV, Stocks, Calculator, Voice Memos, Compass, Podcasts, Watch, Tips, Find My iPhone, Find My Friends, Settings, Files, Measure
- 12-megapixel camera with ƒ/1.8 aperture, Digital zoom up to 5x, Optical image stabilisation, Panorama (up to 63-megapixels), Hybrid IR filter, Autofocus with Focus Pixels, Tap to focus with Focus Pixels, Live Photos with stabilisation, Wide colour capture for Photos and Live Photos, Improved local tone mapping, Body and face detection, Exposure control, Noise reduction, Auto HDR for photos, Auto image stabilisation, Burst mode, Timer mode and Photo geotagging, HEIF and JPEG image formats
- A12 Bionic Chip with Next-generation Neural Engine
Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7 mm
- Super Retina HD display. 5.8-inch (diagonal) all-screen OLED Multi-Touch display. HDR display. 2436x1125-pixel resolution at 458 ppi. 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical). Display also includes: True Tone display, wide colour display (P3), 3D Touch, 625 cd/m2 max brightness (typical), Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating and support for display of multiple languages and characters simulaneously
- Enabled by TrueDepth camera for facial recognition
- EarPods with Lightning Connector
- Assisted GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS, Digital compass, Wi-Fi, Mobile data, iBeacon micro-location
- iOS 12. The most personal and secure mobile operating system yet, iOS 12 is packed with powerful features that help you get the most out of every day
Rating for Hearing Aids
- M3, T4
- Face ID, Barometer, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Dual SIM (nano-SIM and eSIM)
- Use your voice to send messages, set reminders and more, Get intelligent suggestions on your Lock screen and in Messages, Mail, QuickType and more, Activate hands-free using only your voice using “Hey Siri”, Use your voice to run shortcuts from your favourite apps
Splash, Water and Dust Resistant
- Rated IP68 (maximum depth of 2 metres up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529
- 64 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB
- 0° to 35° C
- 7 MP camera, ƒ/2.2 aperture, Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control, Portrait Lighting with five effects, Animoji and Memoji, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps, Cinematic video stabilisation, Smart HDR for photos, Wide colour capture for photos and Live Photos, Retina Flash, Backside illumination sensor, Auto image stabilisation, Burst mode, Exposure control, Timer mode
- FaceTime video calling over Wi-Fi or a mobile network
- 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps, 720p HD video recording at 30 fps, Extended dynamic range for video up to 30 fps, Optical image stabilisation for video, 2x optical zoom, 6x digital zoom, Quad-LED True Tone flash, Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps or 240 fps, Time-lapse video with stabilisation, Cinematic video stailisation at 720p and 1080p, Continuous autofocus video, Take 8MP still photos while recording 4K video
- 177 g
- Gigabit-class LTE with 4x4 MIMO and LAA 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2x2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, Express Cards with power reserve
The display has rounded corners. When measured as a rectangle, the iPhone XS screen is 5.85 inches
diagonally. Actual viewable area is less.
(2) iPhone XS is splash, water and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 metres up to 30 minutes). Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions, and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.
(3) Apple Pay is not available in all markets. For a list of Apple Pay countries and regions, see www.apple.com/ios/feature-availability/apple-pay.
(4) Qi wireless chargers sold separately.
(5) Group FaceTime will be available in iOS 12 later this year through a software update.